Job descriptionPosition Overview
The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. The Data and Analytics team is focused on creating competitive advantage for Climate and our customers through novel data infrastructure, metrics, insights and data services. We are a small but rapidly growing analysis and engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems. Our work informs decisions and direction for our business, while also impacting our products. Data Analysts are part of a core team that helps drive strategic decision making throughout the company. As a leader of the Analysis arm of the team, your core responsibilities in this role will be leading a team of analysts and data scientists while setting the vision and strategy. You will be working with department leaders to identify metrics, create reports, envision study and understand large data sets, derive insights that get acted on to improve the business, build and maintain internal systems for analysis and monitor core company performance metrics. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company's metrics, data and products. You must have an Insatiable curiosity, and high aptitude with a flair for business impact.
What You Will Do
- Partner with other departments to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities (Science, Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Support, etc)
- Lead a team by managing performance, setting the vision and strategy and facilitating its operations to deliver quality and timely deliverables
- Clearly define project deliverables, timelines, and dependencies for junior team members, internal stakeholders and clients
- Empower direct reports to own their relationships and projects and to contribute to the success of the team
- Recruit and retain high performing individuals
- Provide thought leadership internally and for clients around data and insights
- Build reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our company
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions
- Perform detailed data exploration and validation from a variety of sources
- Actively maintain the integrity and performance of analytics systems
- Provide advice and education in the usage and interpretation of data
- PhD in math, economics, engineering or other technical field preferred
- 7 years of relevant experience in analysis
- Strong background in statistics; experience with R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Stata or similar
- 5 years leading analysis teams (customer and product analytics ideal)
What We Offer
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations.
- Good communication. Ability to partner with other teams to envision and execute on projects together.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Proficiency with reporting tools like Tableau, Periscope, Looker, Microstrategy etc.
- Familiarity with NOSQL tools like Hadoop (hive, pig, presto) and Spark is a plus.
- Familiarity with a high-level programming language is a plus.
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
Learn More About Our Team And Our Mission
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference