Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike’s Consumer Digital Technology organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As the SeniorJava Application Engineer for the Experience Delivery team, your role will include working on a scrum team of 4-5 developers who maintain all aspects of the nike.com website. The Experience Delivery team works extensively with other capabilities throughout Nike so excellent communication and coordination skills are a must.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering.
- Minimum 6 years as a java developer
- Proven track record working with agencies and business customers to develop web-based consumer applications.
- Must be able to translate technical issues into business issues and/or functionality.
- Ability to work in a complex environment. Self-starter who can work without a lot of supervision or direction, willing to make decisions without checking with others.
- Experience working on multiple projects, both large and small projects including consumer web applications and data integration projects.
- Experience estimating work, planning, organization and implementing complex Java software projects
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical quality reviews
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
OF TECH TALENT