Ubisoft, a global leader in the videogames and entertainment industry, is currently seeking a full-time Senior Back-End Engineer to join our Games Services team in San Francisco. Rapidly expanding into the social gaming market, Ubisoft San Francisco engages a number of internal and external development teams to create tomorrow’s hit social games. The Senior Back-End Engineer for Games Services will be responsible for implementing and providing top-tier support for the Games Services software infrastructure. This infrastructure supports high volumes of concurrent of traffic, scales easily with fluctuations in that traffic, remains available in the event of various failures, and is representative of best practices in terms of security, support, and backwards compatibility. This position will report to the Senior Lead Server Engineer (Games Services).
- Develop new scalable, highly available, services for online games.
- Integrate with existing internal services to make them available and scalable for online games.
- Provide professional consultation and support to game development teams for implementation and integration of these services.
- Mitigate scalability and performance challenges in existing services where possible.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Provide development and architectural expertise to game teams as needed.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience developing web-scale services, ideally with 2+ years implementing large-scale online games (preferably on the Facebook platform).
- Fluency in Java and J2EE web technologies required.
- Experience implementing client/server communications using a variety of technologies (i.e. REST, SOAP, Protobufs, sockets, RMI).
- Prior experience working with NoSQL data schema implementations and have had recent experience implementing a large, scalable application (~2 million MAU) with at least one of the following database engines: MySQL, Membase/Memcache/Couchbase, MongoDB.
- Experience with continuous integration, versioning and dependency management in build and release processes.
- A strong desire to lead and influence the next generation of gaming by creating remarkably scalable services for all online games both developed and published by Ubisoft.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of various network protocols (i.e. TCP, UDP).
- Experience with virtualized systems administration (i.e. Puppet, Chef, Scalr, Cacti) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of current web development and security best practices, especially for online games, is also valuable.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2010-11 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1.039 billion. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is an EOE and offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
OF TECH TALENT