Fox Filmed Entertainment News Corporation's motion picture and television programming operations bring the best in comedy and drama to audiences around the globe. Fox Filmed Entertainment is a global leader in movie production and distribution. Twentieth Century Fox Film is responsible for some of the top grossing movies of all time, including history's most successful movies, Avatar and Titanic.
In television production, Twentieth Century Fox Television, together with the Company's other TV studios, produce and distribute some of the world's most popular television programming. The Company's TV studios are leaders in animated series and supply many of the most popular series to each of the major U.S. networks. Visit us at http://www.foxmovies.com/.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Department: IT TV Distribution
Develops and maintains the structure of FFE Television Distribution software applications by performing review, analysis, architectural and application design, development, support and tuning of large complex integrated systems primarily in Oracle PL/SQL and HP Linux.
1. Analysis and Design
- Conducts fact gathering sessions with customers.
- Assists Business Analysts with identification and analysis of technology needs.
- Leads group application design activities.
- Designs applications architecture, including optimum integration with other systems.
- Writes technical specifications for application to include hardware and network requirements.
- Prepares work breakdowns and estimates for design, coding and testing.
- Designs complex integrated software solutions and database objects.
2. Development and Testing
- Functions as a team lead for development activities in a cross-functional, integrated development team.
- Develops new complex features and functions for software applications.
- Develops new complex software solutions according to defined application requirements.
- Works with the TVD QA group to resolve all issues related to adequate unit and regression testing.
- Provides programming and environment support through all testing phases and general releases of software.
3. Delivery and Installation
- Prepares pre-release and release process documents including Change Control, contingency and fallback plans.
- Performs configuration and deployment of new systems.
- Conducts performance analysis and tuning of new systems.
4. Production Support
- Conducts functional analysis for production support activities.
- Identifies complex problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds.
- Communicates and coordinates with the offshore team to delegate issue identification and resolution
- Conducts analysis and perform tuning of production applications.
- Provides 2nd tier support for programming tools and environment.
- Provides mentoring to senior developers and other technical staff.
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as required for design reviews and technology and tools selection.
- Develops development standards and other departmental processes and documentation.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Adheres to department programming standards and methodologies, policies, procedures and best practices.
6. Departmental Responsibilities
- Provide backup domain knowledge and support for multiple TVD applications including Prophet and Tuscany.
7. Other Duties As Required
- Expert understanding of Oracle PL/SQL required. Understanding of high-level languages such as C, C++, Java or other multi-threaded, object oriented programming a plus.
- Must have experience with complex PL/SQL development, performance tuning and maintenance.
- Expert understanding of deployment strategies for distributed and multi-tiered applications.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Expertise in the UNIX operating system (especially HP Linux), and UNIX development tools and environments.
- Knowledge of Entertainment industry business practices required. Knowledge of Windowing and Availability processes and systems a plus.
- Proven ability to translate complex business needs into technical solutions.
- Excellent communication both verbal and in writing.
- Expert ability to create process flow diagrams and flowcharts using Visio or similar charting tool.
- Proven expertise in developing programs using PL/SQL.
- Proven expertise in SQL, stored procedures, triggers and views, using Oracle.
- Minimum 7 years experience developing multi-tier applications in a business environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing applications using Oracle PL/SQL including Version 11g.
Technical - Mastery
Problem Solving - Mastery
Self Direction - Mastery
Communication - Comprehensive
Relationship Management - Comprehensive
Teamwork - Comprehensive
Leadership - Proficient
Management - Proficient
The position is located in Los Angeles, CA 90064.
Join our Modern Family today! Join Fox!
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OF TECH TALENT