The Director of Sales, East will be an experienced digital media executive with deep knowledge of the digital acquisition and brand advertising marketplace. A new position, the role is responsible for leading and growing the east coast outside field sales team and working with agencies and marketers to exceed the company's revenue goals.
This role is charged with running the day-to-day east coast field sales organization; recruiting and growing the existing team; managing in a competitive environment and achieving/exceeding Company revenue goals for the territory; constantly being out on agency and client sales calls with the team. The ideal candidate possesses excellent strategic and tactical dexterity; entrepreneurial nimbleness; and an overwhelming desire to win. The successful candidate is a proven sales leader and effective manager, respected and admired by subordinates, colleagues, and customers; and possesses a dynamism and energy that is contagious. This candidate loves making sales calls with his/her team, builds deep relationships with agencies and clients and delights in solving customer’s marketing challenges.
Responsibilities also include adding new clients to the portfolio, as well as maximizing current large account relationships. Sales planning, budgeting and forecasting, as well as setting goals and account lists are key responsibilities.
The position works closely with other functional areas including product management, operations, marketing, engineering and finance to develop and execute sales strategy and programs; deliver campaigns; drive marketing programs; and develop new products. This is a highly visible position both internally and externally among the client and agency communities.
- Full responsibility for leading the Company’s outside East Coast advertising sales team to exceed revenue goals within planned sales expenses
- Recruit, hire, lead, motivate and inspire a world-class, high-performing East Coast field sales organization.
- Manage all aspects of the East Coast sales function including developing new and incremental business, determining needs, and proposing appropriate programs directly or via sales staff.
- Oversee sales budgeting and forecasting for the territory.
- Be active in the field, making sales calls throughout the territory, and drive revenue directly and through the sales team.
- Develop and maintain strong high-level relationships with advertising agencies and client-side marketing executives.
- Regular reporting including 1-3-6-12-month outward forecasts against plan.
- Work closely with other functional areas to execute sales programs, deliver campaigns, drive marketing programs, and develop new products/programs.
- Represent the Company as one of the company’s key external evangelists at industry events, conferences, panels, media/PR opportunities, etc.
- 3+ years successful online advertising sales management experience, including 5+ years of online sales experience.
- Strong people management/leadership skills
- Experience working with performance display, data, networks, exchanges, or audience-based targeting products preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in wide variety of interactive advertising concepts, practices and procedures, including online advertising technology.
- Proven track record of establishing team and individual goals, and meeting and exceeding them.
- Can personally pitch and close business, in addition to building and managing a sales organization.
- Prior experience growing sales organizations.
- Strong analytical skills for managing a systematic sales funnel with key metrics, and for demonstrating ROI to advertisers.
- Solid contacts at key clients and agencies
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Intelligence, positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, teamwork, sense of humor.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, hands-on, rapidly changing environment
- Ability/willingness to travel frequently
- BA/BS degree
Quantcast is a digital advertising company specialized in audience measurement and real-time advertising. As the pioneer of direct audience measurement in 2006, Quantcast has today the most in-depth understanding of digital audiences across the web, allowing marketers and publishers to make the smartest choices as they buy and sell the most effective targeted advertising on the market. Quantcast is dedicated to making display as relevant and effective as search, and currently delivers outstanding advertising campaigns for the world's leading advertisers and publishers and brings accurate audience measurement to over 100 million web destinations.
OF TECH TALENT