Backend Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, United States
As a developer, you will join a small, tight-knit group enhancing our vision of creating a dating/matching mobile app in which friends match up their friends. Passion, excitement, and drive to create amazing products are all musts; you want nothing more than to take advantage of cutting edge technology to delight customers and create lasting relationships. In addition, you will be working with the seasoned engineers and entrepreneurs to disrupt the dating space.
We love what we're building. We talk about product daily and how we can enrich the experience of our users further. We love working on challenging problems and working with smart engineers that can help us grow individually too. Most of all, we value engineering.
As mobile adoption has now eclipsed the PC in usage, it has become critically important to Huzzah to build an incredible powerful and easy to use app. We're looking for passionate engineers to drive new feature development on both the iOS and Android platform.
Our ideal candidate will have Java, Rails or other back-end experience and the ability to learn new technologies and frameworks quickly. You will have product sensibilities and the ability to communicate with many people across departments, especially front-end developers.
Joining Huzzah means you'll be on the cutting edge of app development that will connect millions of users. You'll also play an instrumental role in shaping the future of the dating space on mobile devices by working and interacting with driven engineers. With our imminent iOS app launch, Huzzah is poised to define how people meet potential matches.
• Own a variety of mission-critical and data-intensive problems:
• Data quality: create algorithms to automatically improve the quality of our matches
• Translate business needs into well-defined and scoped functionality
• Implement new functionality, improve existing infrastructure
• Experience using a dynamic programming language in a production environment (or personal projects)
• Strong CS fundamentals gained through Bachelor’s degree in CS, Math or related discipline or equivalent industry experience
• Personal projects that show and aptitude for engineering
• Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Experience using Ruby-on-Rails in a production environment
· Experience building and administering systems related to API and recommendation engines
We are an exciting new app that is poised to disrupt the dating space by creating a place for friends to match up other friends. We’re privately held and have raised over $100k from friends and family. This is your opportunity to get involved at the ground floor and work with seasoned professionals to help define and create the next most popular app.
OF TECH TALENT